Construction Management and Property Development with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)
Build a firm foundation of management skills to lead construction projects effectively and confidently. Taking the BSc (Hons) Construction Management and Property Development with Foundation Year smooths your progression to a high-achieving career.
- Add a foundation year to enhance your skills and confidence so that you can succeed in your honours degree studies
- Take a major step towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), which paves the way for Chartered status and the chance to boost your earning power
- Gain a wide range of hands-on experience to put your learning into practice
- Develop a practical approach to problem-solving and decision-making within construction
How you are assessed
You will be assessed in a variety of ways including assignments, exams, presentations, class tests, case studies and portfolios. These assessment methods will help you develop your presentation and communication skills which are essential for professional practice.
This course gives you a head start if you’re looking for a job in the image industry or planning to work on a freelance basis. The skills you'll develop, both academic and practical, are invaluable in areas ranging from commercial and editorial photography to location finding and management, photo retail and image manipulation. Our graduates pursue career paths in fashion, advertising, documentary and landscape photography. You could also consider becoming a photographer's agent or picture researcher.
- A level
- UCAS Tariff
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Access to HE Diploma
Grades / Points
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
The University of Derby is recognised for its teaching quality, rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017. Industry-experienced lecturers, modern facilities, and opportunities for placements and study abroad combine to give students the practical skills, academic knowledge, and confidence to succeed in their chosen career.