Quantity surveyors are highly sought after because they combine financial and business acumen with first-rate technical skills. Featuring a foundation year to give you a strong platform for success, this degree will put you on the path to senior positions in the construction industry.
- Add a foundation year to enhance your skills and confidence so that you can make a smooth transition to honours degree studies
- Join a course accredited by the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors
- Gain the ideal preparation for a demanding, responsible and rewarding career as a chartered quantity surveyor
- Develop a broad and sound understanding of the scientific, technological, professional, legal and management skills related to key areas of quantity surveying
How you are assessed
You will be assessed through computer workshops, surveying field work, group work and individual assignments and examinations.
Highly sought after due to their financial and business acumen, quantity surveyors often hold very senior positions in industry, local government and central government. You will find that career opportunities also exist in a number of related fields, including the built environment, civil and heavy engineering and the offshore and petrochemical industries.
- A level
- UCAS Tariff
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Access to HE Diploma
Grades / Points
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
The University of Derby is recognised for its teaching quality, rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017. Industry-experienced lecturers, modern facilities, and opportunities for placements and study abroad combine to give students the practical skills, academic knowledge, and confidence to succeed in their chosen career.