This distinctive Politics degree examines the theory and practice of politics, integrating both national and international perspectives. You'll learn about the significance of an increasingly globalised political environment and understand the significance of politics as a human activity.
If you have a keen interest in current affairs and international trends, then the BA (Hons) Politics degree at NTU is ideal for you. This course encourages you to engage directly as a political scientist or theorist by doing your own independent research, culminating in the production of a final year dissertation on a topic of your choice.
Throughout the degree you'll develop a greater awareness of the complexity and connectedness of the processes that shape our world. This opens up careers in a wide range of fields in the public and private sectors, fostering the skills, imagination, understanding and flexibility that employers demand.
Why choose this course?
- The research of our academic staff feeds directly into the course, which means you will be learning about the latest issues from world-renowned experts. The team also regularly contribute their thoughts about worldwide events and incidents to the local, national and international media.
- You may have the opportunity to gain work experience with local and national organisations, and to study abroad as part of the Erasmus foreign exchange scheme.
- You can choose to get involved with the student-run Politics society, which has arranged guest lectures from local MPs and numerous trips to places such as the European Parliament in Brussels.
Careers and employability:
This course opens up careers in a wide range of fields in the public and private sectors. You may be keen to pursue a career in local politics and local government. You may also be interested in working in the police service, the civil service, or public relations. In the private sector, organisations are increasingly looking for graduates with an understanding of international and global events and processes – all areas explored during this course.
Your career development:
We are determined to equip our students with the skills, attributes and experiences they require for graduate employment. From Year One onwards we run a programme of employability activities and events that will help you develop and enhance your own personal employability profile. Some of these events involve sessions with our dedicated Employability Team, others allow you to meet and network with external speakers and other partners who work in the field of politics.
When you start the course, you'll be given a learning journal, which you'll use to record relevant experiences and achievements, reflect on key skills you've developed and prepare for the world of work. The aim is to give you a head start in securing graduate employment following completion of your degree.
- A level
- UCAS Tariff
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Access to HE Diploma
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
Grades / Points
112 UCAS Tariff points from three A-Levels or equivalent qualifications.
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is a popular institution, with over 30,000 students studying across four unique campuses. It's in the top 20 UK universities for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2020) and has Gold-rated teaching (TEF 2017).
50 Shakespeare Street