We’ve designed this MSc course to give you the up-to-date knowledge and skills needed in modern digital technologies. It's for newly qualified or practising engineers who’d like to extend their knowledge and practical skills in these rapidly growing areas of mobile communications and intelligent embedded systems.
This MSc offers you the opportunity, and the support, to go on an industrial placement at a UK company. This means you’ll gain industry experience, ready for your future career. 5G mobile communications and intelligent embedded systems lie at the heart of many emerging applications. These include:
- the internet-of-things
- connected and driverless cars
- smart cities
- virtual reality
- smart manufacturing.
We also offer this course without the industrial placement year.
As a graduate, you’ll have the skills for a career in areas such as:
- mobile and satellite telecommunications (where large industry players include Samsung, Vodafone, Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia, Cobham, British Telecom, Telefonica)
- aerospace (where large industry players include Airbus, Rolls-Royce and GE)
- automotive and transport (where large industry players include Jaguar, BMW, Continental, Network rail)
- defence and security (where large industry players include BAE Systems, QinetiQ and Thales)
- healthcare (where large industry players include Siemens and GE).
The MSc is also an ideal entry point for doctoral research in the fields of telecommunications and embedded systems.
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£10,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
More info:The same fee is also applicable for Channel Islands and Isle of Man Students. Fees may be subject to an increase on an annual basis.
About this University
The University of Sussex is a research-intensive campus university adjacent to the vibrant city of Brighton & Hove on the UK's south coast. With an excellent international reputation, the university welcomes spirited students who want to study in a creative and intellectually challenging environment. Students are encouraged to open their mind, deepen their knowledge and leave their mark on the world.
University of Sussex