Our Fashion Textiles degree explores the design and realisation of innovative fashion textiles through print, knit, weave and embellishment. The course explores both fashion design construction and textile design construction using state-of-the-art facilities in our studios and workshops.
Why study BA Fashion Textiles at Middlesex University?
Exploring fashion awareness, silhouette, colour, illustration, portfolio presentation, pattern cutting and garment construction, our course equips you with advanced technical skills as well as encouraging you to discover your own creative identity.
Combining traditional methods with digital technology, you will learn the practical skills essential for a successful career in fashion, as so many of our brilliant graduates illustrate. We have a world-class reputation for nurturing talent and will also help you to develop a range of personal skills such as self-confidence, a willingness to challenge yourself, the ability to work with others, and the skills to discover and define your own design.
- You will explore the design and realisation of innovative textiles for fashion through print, knit, weave and embellishment, supported in each discipline by an expert tutor
- You will learn practical skills using our state-of-the-art facilities in The Grove
- You will take part in a six-week work experience placement in your second year during London Fashion Week, where you will be based full-time with the designer or practitioner of your choice
- We have strong links with industry, run competitions with external bodies and organise guest lectures from big industry names; previous lecturers have included Jonathan Saunders and Louise Gray
- At the end of your degree you will exhibit your work at the Degree Show, a great opportunity to show off your talents to creative industry employers
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
How can the BA Fashion Textiles support your career?
Possible careers routes include fashion-textiles studio designer (for example textile print, knit or embellishment) and working in a variety of fashion contexts, including designing, making and collaborations with other designers. Other careers could include the performing arts - especially dance and theatre styling and branding.
Middlesex has strong links with art and design employers. Our industry partners give visiting lectures, and art and design agencies, organisations and other employers attend our final year degree show each year.
Graduates from the fashion courses at Middlesex include Richard Gray, Mark Fast, Thom Murphy and Julian Seaman.
Grades / Points
Plus GCSE C in English
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
Middlesex University has a personalised approach to learning and teaching, supporting students to develop skills for their future and get ready for success in a changing world. Students develop advanced skills through making, doing and experience at its single-site campus in north London, which offers industry-standard facilities and excellent connections with employers. The university has a reputation for diversity, and includes everyone equally in its community.