Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
This course allows you to develop your knowledge and skills in the area of financial services while at the same time preparing you for employment or further professional studies in the field.
In addition, it provides a solid background in accounting and finance although it is important to note that this course is not accredited by the professional accountancy bodies. If you wish to complete an accredited course, our BA Accounting or BA Accounting with Corporate Finance would be more suitable for you.
This course is advanced entry only from Year 3 or Year 4, depending on your previous experience and qualifications.
Designed for students who wish to build on their previous learning and work experience, the course allows you to enter directly into either Year 3 or 4, depending on your prior qualifications.
You may transfer in from another degree course, even if it's from another university, or you may have successfully completed an HND in a related area. Holders of other appropriate qualifications with an underpinning in financial services, accounting or finance will also be considered for entry.
As well as equipping you for employment as an accountant in practice or industry, this course gives you the opportunity to customise your studies to reflect your particular interests and future career aspirations - giving you a leading edge to succeed in an intensely competitive environment.
On completion of this course you'll have developed the ability to:
- Structure and communicate ideas effectively, both written and orally using appropriate media
- Use IT and appropriate software
- Research and collate information, using analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret that information and draw reasonable conclusions
- Use interpersonal, communication and other transferable skills to contribute effectively in a business situation
- Exercise initiative and personal responsibility in undertaking tasks, managing time and working in groups
We offer tuition that is supported by experienced teaching staff and strong industry connections. Guest speakers from the corporate, government and financial world add value to the course.
A degree in accounting and finance can open the door to a wide range of careers including:
- Trainee accounting roles leading to professional qualification (within accounting firms, commercial organisations or public sector bodies)
- Assistant accountant in a range of companies
- Banking - including business banking, investment banking and other specialised functions
- Stock broking and funds management
- General management opportunities.
15 January 2020
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Edinburgh Napier University, 219 Colinton Road, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, City Of, EH14 1DJ, Scotland
35th out of 103 10
Entry standards/ Max 220158 72%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10075 75%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.19 84%