Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
At Aberystwyth University, the Accounting and Finance with Economics focuses on the impact of choice on the production, distribution, and consumption of resources through microeconomics and macroeconomics, which analyses choice at the individual level or the economy. At Aberystwyth, we focus on the practical application of economic ideas, knowledge, and methods within the context of professional decision-making situations. Studying Accounting and Finance with Economics will enable you to enjoy the benefits of both subjects giving flexibility for your future.
Why study Accounting and Finance with Economics?
Our degrees are accredited by the following: ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, CII, ICAS.
- This programme will help fast-track your accountancy career by giving you exemptions from key professional examinations.
- Upon studying this course, you will have the opportunity to explore Business Economics and Economic themes such as the creation of employment, inflationary pressures, international trade issues, the process of business competition, innovation and growth, the development of third-world countries, the protection of natural resources and government policy-making.
- The financial element of this course will provide you with the skills set to successfully and effectively deliver and communicate technical and quantitative aspects of Economics.
- You will be taught and mentored by qualified and recognised accountants who have a wealth of industry and academic experience.
- Our BSc in Accounting and Finance generates a high and successful level of graduates who enter employment or further training 6 months after graduating (HESA 2018).
Career Prospects: From Campus to Career
Our graduates have entered and are successful in a number of sectors:
- Chartered Accountancy;
- Investment Banking;
- Risk Management;
- Marketing Management;
- Retail Management;
- Distribution and Logistics Management;
- Sales Executive.
What skills will I obtain from this degree?
Studying our degree in Accounting and Finance/ Business Economics will equip you with the following skills:
- Understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
- Improved numeracy skills and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
- Deep understanding of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes;
- The ability to communicate clearly in a written and spoken form;
- Effective problem solving;
- Analytical and creative thinking skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Time-Management and organisational skills;
- Self-motivation and self-reliance.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,600per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : CCC - BBB
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
47th out of 103 5
65th out of 78
Entry standards/ Max 220102 46%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10074 74%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.45 89%
Entry standards/ Max 233116 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10063 63%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.09 82%