MSc - Master of Science
Advanced software technology is critical to the functioning of modern society. Computing systems can be found in science and engineering, medicine design and manufacturing, commerce and public service. Software technology dictates how these systems operate and how they are used.
The MSc Advanced Software Technology is suitable if you are a Computer Science or Software Engineering graduate or if you have relevant experience from a first degree. It may also be suitable if you have substantial experience of working in a related environment and wish to develop your knowledge.
Our brand new £32.5m Computational Foundry lies at the heart of this course. Sophisticated teaching and research equipment include a Vision and Biometric Lab, a Maker Lab, a Theory Lab, a Cyber Security/Networking Lab, a User Lab and a Visualisation Suite.
You will choose from a diverse range of computer science subjects. These include artificial intelligence, cryptocurrencies and operation systems, big data, web application development and graphics processor programming.
Broad learning in the first part of the course is followed by a substantial project module in the second part. This puts you in a strong position for seeking employment or undertaking further study.
ADVANCED SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Completing this MSc will considerably enhance your software technology career prospects. Our graduates often progress to rewarding employment with a respected employer. Below are a number of their recent destinations.
- Software engineer, Motorola Solutions
- Change coordinator, Logica
- Software developer/engineer, NS Technology
- Workflow developer, Irwin Mitchell
- IT developer, Crimson Consultants
- Programmer, Evil Twin Artworks
- Web developer & web support, VSI Thinking
- Software developer, Wireless Innovations
- Associate business application analyst, CDC Software
- Software developer, OpenBet Technologies
- Technical support consultant, Alterian
- Programming, Rock It
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Completing this MSc will considerably enhance your software technology career prospects. Our graduates often progress to rewarding employment with a respected employer.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 18,000per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
23rd out of 110 2
Entry standards/ Max 236137 57%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10093 93%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.14 83%