Bachelor of Engineering (with Honours) - BEng (Hon)
The BEng (Hons) course aims to provide a broad education across the principal Engineering disciplines and an appropriate depth of technical knowledge and understanding of the key Engineering topics within Architectural Engineering. Students will also gain an understanding of managerial issues within the built environment and the framework in which architectural engineers function.
Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Building Design
In collaboration with the Royal Academy of Engineering, the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society is a recognised Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Building Design. This is one of four such Centres of Excellence established at UK universities that jointly form a national network to demonstrate and exchange best practice in teaching and research for the sustainable built environment. The Centre ensures graduates of Architectural Engineering will be used to working within an interdisciplinary environment involving architecture, engineering and construction.
BEng (Hons) course is accredited by the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the Energy Institute (EI).
The Architectural Engineering programme aims to:
• Provide students with a broad understanding of a wide range of aspects of the built environment
• Provide appropriate depth of technical knowledge and understanding of the key engineering topics within architectural engineering
• Equip students with a sound basis in fundamental engineering principles and their application in the context of sustainable building design and analysis.
• Match a professional and technical education to the needs and aspirations of individuals.
• Produce high quality graduates with the understanding, knowledge, skills and personal qualities required to undertake a wide range of careers across the construction industry in building, general contracting consultancy or advanced research.
• Develop problem-solving and conceptual skills and the ability to apply such skills to solve real design and decision problems.
• Enable students to undertake complex engineering projects of a multidisciplinary nature and of direct relevance to industry.
• Encourage awareness of the engineering industry and the development of professional competencies through the Professional Development Programme.
• Ensure students have an awareness of the importance of safety in construction, the methodologies for addressing it and the legislative framework for its enforcement.
• Provide a thorough grounding in principles of sustainable Building Design, an understanding of approaches to minimise environmental impact, and the means of estimating such impacts.
• Offer an educational environment which satisfies academic requirements for Chartered Engineer status and Membership of The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the Energy Institute (EI).
• provide an awareness of managerial issues within the built environment
• Establish the framework in which architectural engineers function, in collaboration with industrial partners.
15 January 2020
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,080per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : BCC
including Mathematics at B for entry to Level 1.For entry to Level 2: BBB including Mathematics.VIEW MORE
University League Table
Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, City Of, EH14 4AS, Scotland
20th out of 57 2
Entry standards/ Max 241159 72%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10084 84%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.13 83%