Masters Degree Apprenticeship at Level 7
Do you want to earn a salary and get valuable on-the-job experience while you get the RIBA and ARB Part 2 and Part 3 qualifications you need to be a professional architect?
On this 4-year architect degree apprenticeship, you'll develop the professional and creative skills for a successful career in architecture. You’ll cover topics such as urbanism, landscape, sustainability and culture in a studio environment.
During term time, you'll spend 1 day a week on day release at the University and the other 4 days applying your skills and getting practical experience in the workplace. The Government or your employer pay your tuition fees – so your architecture degree apprenticeship doesn’t cost you anything.
Architects Registration Board (ARB) and Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) accreditation is pending for this course but we expect this to be confirmed soon.
When confirmed, this accreditation means you'll have a MArch and a Final Examination in Professional Practice qualification when you complete your apprenticeship. This gives you exemption from RIBA/ARB Part 2 and Part 3 and makes you eligible to register as an Architect with the Architects Registration Board (ARB).
What you'll experience
On this architecture degree apprenticeship, you'll:
- Develop the creative and professional abilities needed for a practicing architect
- Learn how to come up with creative and strategic solutions to a variety of architectural challenges
- Get a MArch degree (Part 2) while you earn a salary (pending ARB/RIBA accreditation)
- Put what you learn into practice in the workplace, preparing yourself for Part 3 studies in your final year
- Have access to the University's student support services and community, including the Library, study support, sports and recreation facilities, and the Students’ Union
- Build a network of professional peers during your time at university, sharing your ideas and knowledge
- Get practical work experience in your job, giving you an advantage over students who go to University full-time
- Get a personal tutor from the University and a workplace mentor
Careers and opportunities
This architecture degree apprenticeship gives you the professional knowledge and creative skills you need to start your career as an architect, in your organisation and beyond.
Once Architects Registration Board (ARB) and Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) accreditation is confirmed, you'll be eligible to apply for registration as an Architect with the ARB and RIBA [we expect ARB/RIBA accreditation to be confirmed before September 2020].
After you finish your architect degree apprenticeship, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Portsmouth, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, England
38th out of 59 1
Entry standards/ Max 220108 54%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10092 92%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.07 81%