Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
Astrophysics (F510) at Aberystwyth University incorporates the broad disciplines of Astronomy, including: Cosmology and Galactic Astronomy, the Solar System, Gas Giants and Terrestrial Worlds, Red Giants, White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars, Quasars and more.
This allows you to cover a broad area of learning and then specialise later in your career. With foundations in the key areas of Physics and Astronomy, taught in a supportive environment, you will also develop the transferable skills required by employers for education, business and industry.
Why study Astrophysics at Aberystwyth University?
- On completion of this degree you will leave with accreditation by the IOP (Institute of Physics).
- Physics has been taught at Aberystwyth University since its foundation in 1872 and it continues to be an innovative learning experience for all.
- You will be taught by experts in their field.
- Our researchers are involved in the current European Space Agency ExoMars 2020 Project and engineering low dimensional materials, namely graphene.
What can I do with a physics degree?
Our graduates have discovered career paths in:
- medical physics
- radiation protection
- science research
Other graduates from our department have sought careers in:
- systems development
- product development
- technical writing
Employability is embedded across all of our teaching and ethics. We instil these skills to our students:
- research and data analysis skills
- enhanced mathematical and computational skills
- effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- the ability to work independently
- time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- the ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form
- self-motivation and self-reliance
- team-working, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,800per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : BBC - BBB
To include B in Physics and B in Mathematics.VIEW MORE
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
41st out of 49 2
Entry standards/ Max 240115 50%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10080 80%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.47 89%