Master of Engineering (with Honours) - MEng (Hon)
Millennium Point Campus
Study our Automotive Engineering BEng degree course and join one of the select UK Universities to take part in Formula Student events at Silverstone.
Now is a fascinating time to study automotive engineering as you’ll have the chance to be at the forefront of developments within the industry. You’ll get to work in advanced automotive workshops and laboratories equipped with industry-standard equipment, as well as take advantage of more traditional office-based facilities.
What's covered in the course?
You’ll develop as an engineer able to make a significant contribution to this industry as it goes through an important period of transition in the UK and globally.
Our engineering courses focus on project-based activities, giving you lots of opportunity to work in teams on projects from design to implementation. This will give you practical experience of applying engineering science to real world problems, working in multidisciplinary teams to develop your interpersonal skills, and prepare you for a key aspect of modern engineering practice.
You will develop key technical skills, enhance your creative thinking and learn from industry experts. As well as gaining knowledge and application skills in stress analysis, powertrain systems, suspension, body engineering, design and management.
You’ll be learning in a stimulating environment with lots of opportunity to collaborate with your colleagues, enhance your creativity and develop the attributes you need to stand out from the crowd.
Our automotive engineering degree is structured so that its themes have a direct relevance to the industry’s current and expected future needs, and upon graduating you will have the intellectual, technical and personal qualities necessary to successfully implement new technologies.
Throughout your course you will benefit from our strong industry links with companies such as the Morgan Motor Company, Westfield Sportscars, Siemens, and GKN.
You will also have the opportunity to join our BCU Formula Student racing team, which designs and builds a single-seater racing car each year to race in July at the IMechE-sponsored event at Silverstone.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,200per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- UCAS Points
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Extended Project
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- HNC (BTEC)
- HND (BTEC)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Leaving Certificate - Ordinary Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Certificate
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC 90-Credit Diploma (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Certificate (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Diploma (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (QCF)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
A level : ABB
Must include A Level Mathematics Grade C minimum.A maximum of 3 subjects are considered. These can be other A-levels or level 3 equivalents.VIEW MORE
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
Birmingham City University, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham, Birmingham, B5 5JU, England
53rd out of 74 9
Entry standards/ Max 241119 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10090.0 90%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.71 74%