Master of Biology - MBiol
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
If you wish to study Biochemistry then this exciting four year course will be for you. It allows students to integrate three years of undergraduate study in Biochemistry with a further year of postgraduate level study, leading to the qualification of MBiol (Biochemistry). The course is ideal if you aspire to a career as a research scientist in Biochemistry or just wish to take your Biochemistry knowledge to a higher level.
- Integrated four year course leading to a postgraduate qualification
- Ideal for students who wish to develop to higher academic levels
- Individual research project that is a major component of the final year
- Course allows students to access four years of student finance.
Why study MBiol Biochemistry at Aberystwyth University?
- This degree will give you a solid foundation in the study of cellular, molecular and chemical biology.
- We will nurture both your intellectual curiosity and your general scientific practice.
- The subject is taught within an internationally recognised centre of excellence, by experts in the Biochemistry field.
- The University has modern teaching facilities with over £55 million pounds invested.
- The Biochemistry teaching staff are recognised as expert and innovative educators.
What will I learn?
The breakdown below will provide you with an illustration of what you may study during the three year degree scheme.
In your first year you may explore the diversity of biological disciplines which includes:
- Structure and function of plants;
- Animals and microbes at the organismal, cellular molecular levels;
- Major animal vertebrate and invertebrate which will focus on physiology, muscle and locomotion, nutrition, endocrinology, cardiovascular respiratory systems and homeostasis;
- The diversity of microbial;
- Vegetation and ecosystems.
In your second year you may discover:
- Cell biology;
- Molecular biology;
- Qualitative and Quantitative procedures of data analysis.
In your third year you may study and undertake:
- A compulsory dissertation.
In your final year you may:
- Undertake your MBiol Research project;
- Take part in field and laboratory techniques;
- Explore the frontiers in the Biosciences.
Upon successful completion of the MBiol Biochemistry, you will have improved your employability prospects by successfully obtaining a Master's qualification.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,800per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : BBB - ABB
To include B in A-Level Chemistry and B in Biology or Human Biology.VIEW MORE
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
37th out of 103 8
Entry standards/ Max 240119 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10076 76%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.31 86%