MBA - Master of Business Administration
Take your journalism and media experience to the next level unravelling the distinct management challenges of the media industry.
The UK’s creative industries contribute almost £85 billion per year to the economy and major global economies, such as China and India, are beginning to prioritise the growth of creative industries within their own countries.
This creates a demand for effective media managers with enhanced skills and capabilities to respond to the evolving needs of today’s creative industries.
Our challenge-led modules, based on cross-functional and action-based scenarios typically found in the workplace, will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to be an inspiring leader within the ever-growing creative industries sector.
The business of changing the media is ours. Together we can make a difference.
Delivered in collaboration with the School of Journalism, Media and Culture, the Cardiff MBA with Media combines the core ingredients of our flagship MBA with the opportunity to understand the distinct management challenges of the media industry.
Our academic and practitioner experts will show you how to develop and manage digital media products alongside like-minded, experienced professionals. You’ll demonstrate this learning through collaboration in a series of live settings that will introduce you to new ways of thinking about, and working with, specific audiences.
Underpinned by their up-to-the-minute research and informed by real world, practical illustrations and experiences, you’ll gain a solid foundation of business, management and media knowledge and insight to help you secure senior positions in media organisations around the world.
- Springboard into The Cardiff MBA programme and learning community with a custom-made orientation and team building programme.
- The Career Advantage Service: Access to a career consultant and personal coach for personalised professional development.
- A bespoke, wrap-around Leadership Development Programme to help you assess your leadership capability, develop a personal development path and build key leadership skills.
- Cardiff Connections will help you become part of the business community through networking events, access to business leaders and alumni talking about their motivations and career choices, and company visits.
- An International Study Tour that provides the opportunity to study business practice in an unfamiliar context.
- Contemporary integrated themes running through all modules, such as the future of work, responsible leadership and digital transformation.
- Opportunities to make a difference to society and the economy through study and extra-curricular activity in line with Public Value.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Cardiff University, PO Box 921, Cardiff, Cardiff, CF10 3XQ, Wales
30th out of 122 5
Entry standards/ Max 209146 69%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10078.0 78%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.72 74%