Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
If you've got the ambition to become a successful business professional, and lead and manage teams and organisations, this accredited BA (Hons) Business and Management course will kick-start your career.
In your first year, you'll get a grounding in the essential topics that underpin the functions of successful businesses. You'll also develop the transferable skills you'll use throughout your degree and career in areas such as team working, prioritisation, planning, IT, entrepreneurship and communication.
In your second and third years, you'll tailor your degree to focus on the subjects that match your ambitions and interests. You'll get to grips with overcoming the challenges global businesses face and have the chance to apply your skills in industry on a summer internship or placement year.
The course sets you up for a career across plenty of sectors and industries in the UK and beyond. You'll have the skills to get ahead as a business professional in areas such as business consultancy, management, marketing, finance and risk analysis.
Tailoring your degree to your interests
This degree shares a common first year with several other business courses. So you'll have the flexibility to transfer to another business degree after year 1 if you develop an interest in a specific subject area such as human resource management, supply chain management, economics, entrepreneurship or marketing.
This course is accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Programme Accreditation System (EPAS).
What you'll experience
On this degree course, you'll:
- Get a rich understanding of core business areas such as management, marketing, accounting, operations and leadership
- Learn how to work effectively with businesses and people from different cultures and countries, giving you the ability and awareness to operate successfully in the global business environment
- Tailor your studies in the areas you're most passionate about, by choosing from around 40 module options in areas such as business decision making, analytics, business sustainability, economics, team development, business law, and strategic management
- Learn leadership and management theories and apply this knowledge on group projects in scenarios that mimic what you'll experience in your business career
- Hone your entrepreneurial skills, build your network and demonstrate your skills to potential employers by working with local businesses on projects that contribute to their success
- Develop transferable life and career skills in areas such as time management and prioritisation, planning, presentations and IT
- Attend lectures and talks from industry experts and experienced professionals.
You can also:
- Get industry experience or set up your own business on a placement year, taking advantage of our excellent links with local, national and international organisations including well-known companies such as IBM and Rolls Royce
- Learn a foreign language such as French, German, Italian, Spanish or Mandarin as part of your studies
Careers and opportunities
As a versatile degree, which you can tailor to the areas that interest you, your degree will open doors to various career paths in the business world.
Our graduates have worked for companies including Rolls Royce, L'Oreal and BAE Systems.
You could also do a postgraduate qualification in a business-related area such as project management, digital marketing or human resource management. Or you could join a graduate development scheme.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,500per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- UCAS Points
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
A level :
120-128 Tariff points from 3 A levels.VIEW MORE
University League Table
University of Portsmouth, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, England
44th out of 123
Entry standards/ Max 209117 54%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10084 84%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.98 80%