Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Are you bursting with business ideas and ready to develop the skills, knowledge and ability to bring them to life?
This BA (Hons) Business Management and Entrepreneurship degree course unlocks your potential to create and innovate, either in your own business or an established organisation.
You’ll emerge from this course with the commercial insight and techniques to become a successful entrepreneur, whether self-employed or as a valuable member of a larger team.
In your first year, you can also get the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Introductory Certificate in Marketing, which is highly sought after by employers for both marketing and non-marketing roles.
This degree shares a common first year with several other business courses. This gives you the flexibility to transfer to another course if you develop an interest in a different subject area.
This course is accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). This accreditation shows that your learning will have an international outlook, that you’ll engage with employers and that you’ll learn about ethics, sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Work with local companies and organisations on real projects
- Get to grips with how businesses operate and build a solid foundation of management, accounting, data analysis and markets
- Learn how to think like an entrepreneur, as you sink your teeth into your innovative ideas and learn to take them from inception to implementation as new products or services
- Get the chance to learn a foreign language and study abroad
Careers and opportunities
What can you do with a Business Management and Entrepreneurship degree?
The skills you learn on this course prepare you for launching your own business and set you up for a career in areas such as:
- new project development
- sales and marketing
- business development
- consultancy recruitment
- digital marketing
You can also use your degree to go on to study a postgraduate qualification.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- T Level
A level : BBB - ABB
120-128 points from 3 A levels or equivalent.VIEW MORE
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
University of Portsmouth, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, England
60th out of 122 16
Entry standards/ Max 209111 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10070 70%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.06 81%