Close icon

Personalise what you see on this page.

Choose from the options below. We'll show you information based on your current location as default.

I'M FROM

  • United States
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.

LIVING IN

  • United States
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.

LOOKING FOR

  • Undergraduate courses
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.
Viewing as a student from United States living in United States interested in Undergraduate courses

Clinical Neurosciences MSc by Research

University of Oxford

Add to favourites

Course options

  • Qualification

    MSc - Master of Science

  • Location

    University of Oxford

  • Study mode

    Full time

  • Start date

    OCT

  • Duration

    1 year

Course summary

About the course

The MSc by Research in Clinical Neurosciences offers excellent opportunities for high quality research training, for both clinical and non-clinical graduates, in wide-ranging leading areas of clinical neuroscience.

As an MSc student in NDCN you will be a part of one of the leading and largest clinical neuroscience departments in Europe. The MSc by research in Clinical Neurosciences will develop your skills through a range of research and practical training.

NDCN incorporates six divisions each of which hosts world-leading programmes in basic, translational and clinical research.

  • Centre for Prevention of Stroke and Dementia
  • Division of Clinical Neurology
  • MRC Brain Network Dynamics Unit
  • Nuffield Division of Anaesthetics
  • Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology
  • Wellcome Centre for Integrative Neuroimaging

You will be admitted directly to a particular research area (and you will work alongside your supervisors to develop your programme of study which is normally part of a larger research group with shared interests. You will not normally do laboratory rotations.

There are no taught courses examined by written papers but there is a wide range of courses and workshops available across the Medical Sciences Division and you will be encouraged to attend regular departmental and divisional seminars.

Assessment

You will begin your course as a probationary research student (PRS) and you will be monitored and assessed regularly via completion of termly reports by you and your supervisors through the Graduate Supervision Reporting (GSR) system.

You will be expected to transfer your status from PRS to MSc before the end of your first year. To transfer your status, you must apply formally, submit a research report and statement of future research plans, and take an independent assessment by two assessors
The degree is examined by thesis and oral examination by two examiners. Most MSc by Research students submit their thesis within two years.

Graduate destinations

According to the latest statistics available, 86% of graduate research alumni from the Department of Clinical Neurosciences are employed across a wide range of sectors with the remaining 14% going on to further study.

Past students from the Department of Clinical Neurosciences have gone on to careers based both in the UK and other countries in teaching and research in universities or back to clinical posts.

Tuition fees

Students living in United States
(international fees)

£ 27,460per year

Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.

University information

University of Oxford

  • University League Table

    1st

  • Campus address

    University of Oxford, University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 2JD, England

Subject rankings

  • Subject ranking

    2nd out of 100

  • Entry standards

    / Max 240
    199 90%

    3rd

    1
  • Graduate prospects

    / Max 100
    88.0 88%

    2nd

    5
  • Student satisfaction

    / Max 5
    n/a

Suggested courses

Durham University
SIMILAR RANKING

Cognitive Neuroscience MSc

Durham University

Biological Sciences league table

9
University of Glasgow
MOST VIEWED

Brain Sciences MSc

University of Glasgow

University league table

16

Is this page useful?

Yes No

Sorry about that...

HOW CAN WE IMPROVE IT?

SUBMIT

Thanks for your feedback!