MSc - Master of Science
Singleton Park Campus
The MSc Community Health Studies, Specialist Practice Award in District Nursing aims to prepare district nurses to work independently and autonomously in a complex, rapidly changing environment; our aim is to help you become inspirational leaders of the future, transforming practice, contributing to the wider health care agenda.
As a result of this Master's Degree you will be able to:
- Work as part of a Primary Health Care Team to provide skilled nursing care to patients in a variety of community settings.
- Take responsibility for managing the caseload and the team.
- Act as the patient's advocate to facilitate the patient's own choices with regard to nursing care, promoting independence and self-care, as appropriate.
- Actively monitor, maintain and develop service/practice innovation through supervision, reflection, skilled professional leadership and integration with other allied health professionals.
- Follow a complex framework of legislation, policy and standards for safe effective medicine management and prescribing practice.
- Conduct a practice-based project in order to add to the evidence base for district nursing practice.
- Seek opportunity to apply for a band 7 Team Leader post.
YOUR DISTRICT NURSING CAREER
Successful completion part one of the programme will lead to a PGDip and professional award which can be recorded on the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register.
On successful completion of the Master's Degree you will be able to advance your career seeking opportunity to apply for a Band 7 Team Leader post.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
10th out of 35 6
28th out of 72 2
Entry standards/ Max 239n/a
Graduate prospects/ Max 100100 100%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.71 74%
Entry standards/ Max 201138 70%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10098 98%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.03 81%