Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
Computer Graphics, Vision and Games, at Aberystwyth University, covers a wide range of topics within the computing industry and the modern world.
While computer games are the most well-known aspect of this area, there is underlying complexity of a relatively simple application.
In completion of this degree, you will gain a firm foundation in Computing Skills such as Programming, Software Design, Data Storage, Analysis and Classification. You will also be equipped with specialised skills in the areas of Vision and Graphics, and interact with related areas of study such as Intelligent Agents and Mobile Computing.
Why study Computer Graphics, Vision and Games at Aberystwyth University?
- Employability is embedded in the structure of this degree.
- The degree is accredited by the BCS (the Chartered Institute for IT) on behalf of the Engineering Council, which gives you a head start when you enter the competitive job market.
- You will have access to dedicated Linux, Mac OS X laboratories and central servers.
- It is taught by lecturers who have close links with the industry and software engineering conferences.
- It is taught by lecturers whose research speciality is computer vision.
- You will have access to department infrastructure which includes a light stage, virtual reality equipment and motion tracking systems.
- You will have access to robotic equipment including Arduinos, mobile robots and sailing robots.
Our degree prepares you for a variety of careers:
- software design
- communications and networking
- computer applications
- web development
- IT consultancy and management
- systems analysis and development
- computer sales and marketing
What skills do I acquire from this degree?
Employability skills are the core values of our degree.
As part of your degree you will be required to take part in a first year residential weekend where you and other students will to have work in teams to solve problems.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,800per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : CCC - BBBVIEW MORE
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
35th out of 113 13
Entry standards/ Max 236120 54%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10086 86%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.19 84%