Master of Science (with Honours) - Msci (Hon)
From the moment we wake up to the point we fall asleep, Computer Science impacts almost every aspect of modern life. The digital revolution has had a profound influence across the world and continues to redefine how we live, learn and work.
A Computer Science degree from Swansea University can help you find your place in an ever-shifting technological landscape.
This four-year degree prepares you for highly specialised and dynamic careers. These might include software engineering, big data and data science, security analysis or emerging technologies.
A range of transferable skills including team-working, communication, presentation and problem-solving will prove vital when it comes to securing employment.
The MSci builds on the BSc Computer Science, offering greater depth in the major topic areas. It will distinguish you as a committed and knowledgeable Computer Scientist.
COMPUTER SCIENCE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer CV workshop and you will have access to our Employment Zone, which advertises work placements, part time vacancies and graduate jobs. We have dedicated staff who will always be on hand to provide employability support, throughout your studies.
We hold an annual ‘Project Fair’, giving students the chance to display their third year projects to leading Industry experts. Companies such as Google often visit our students to give lectures on ‘how to get a job with tech giants’.
We take Employability seriously and you will leave Swansea University with much more than a degree, gaining invaluable life skills and experiences on your journey.
Professional Body Accreditation
This programme is accredited by the British Computer Society, and allows graduates to join immediately as professional members.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 17,150per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Extended Project
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
A level : ABB - AAAVIEW MORE
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
23rd out of 110 2
Entry standards/ Max 236137 57%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10093 93%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.14 83%