MA - Master of Arts
University of Bath
Gain a broad understanding of the politics, policy and social evolution of the EU and European states, as well as specialist knowledge of EU and international affairs.
The Euromasters course offers a distinctive international learning experience, with an opportunity to study at several prestigious institutions.
With an enthusiastic teaching team who are experts in their research fields, and a diverse course of study, this two year master’s degree is recognised throughout the EU and beyond.
You'll gain a broad comparative understanding of the European Union, European politics, policy and social evolution as well as specialist knowledge of key issues in the Euro-Atlantic area and international relations.
We welcome applications from high-achieving students, who wish to gain the knowledge and skills that will qualify them for a wide range of careers in European and international institutions, and the private sector.
You can find out more on the dedicated Euromasters website, which contains extensive information about the course and the Consortium, as well as guidance on applying.
Language of instruction and locations
You are able to study at the following sites as part of the course.
- University of Bath, United Kingdom
- Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States (Transatlantic Track only)
- University of Siena, Italy
- Free University of Berlin, Germany
- Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
You will need to be able to speak the language of instruction of your chosen country of study.
The depth and breadth of knowledge alongside the hands-on international experience our graduates gain from this course is valued highly by employers.
You can also take advantage of the extensive Careers Service at the University of Bath, as well the opportunity to study another language at the Foreign Languages centre during your Core Module in Bath.
Our graduates have been employed all over the world in a wide variety of international organisations, multinational corporations and public bodies or policy-formulating institutes. Examples include:
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Fast-track Programme, London
- United Nations Postgraduate Fellowship, New York
- Programme Officer at the European Commission, Brussels
- Parliamentary Assistant for Green MEP in the European Parliament, Brussels
- Parliamentary Assistant for German MP in Bundestag, Berlin
- Associate Director at Blue Rubicon, London
- Director of External Relations and Communications at Enel Green Power North America Inc, USA
- Grants Manager at MTV Staying Alive Foundation, London
- Strategic Communications Consultant at Akkanto, Brussels
Many of our graduates also continue directly to doctoral research.
30 July 2022
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, Bath And North East Somerset, BA2 7AY, England
9th out of 86 1
3rd out of 105 2
Entry standards/ Max 217159 77%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10090.0 90%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.00 80%
Entry standards/ Max 212150 78%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10085.0 85%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.74 75%