Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
- This degree offers you the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence before you advance to stage one of your honours degree.
If you have a passion for helping others and want to embark on a career in people-focused professions, then this counselling and psychotherapy course offers you an excellent starting point.
- A good application/performance will be taken into account if you do not meet the criteria/offer conditions
- A great route into the BSc degree if you don't meet the criteria for the 3-year course
- Prepare for a wide variety of careers in people-focused occupations in fields such as health, social care, education and business
- Gain a solid platform for further postgraduate study so that you can qualify to practise as a professional counsellor or psychotherapist
- Learn from a team who are specialists in their therapeutic fields and whose research is shaping the future of the counselling profession
- Make the most of our excellent learning facilities on our Derby campus
- The Foundation Year course leads on to the full BSc (hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy Principles and Practices degree
The world of counselling and psychotherapy is constantly changing and this course has been specifically designed to reflect the demands of life and work in the 21st century. Drawing on our strong engagement with the professional bodies, it aims to meet the growing need for effective, skilled and forward-thinking counsellors and psychotherapists.
Now is the ideal time to embark on a career in this important field, with new opportunities constantly emerging. The issue of mental health is rising on the political agenda and high-profile campaigns are seeking to tackle the stigma surrounding mental health problems.
With careers advice an integral part of your studies, this course equips you to compete effectively in the graduate careers market. After graduation from the full BSc (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy Principles and Practices degree you’ll have a wide range of options and could progress to roles within health and social care, counselling, psychotherapy and psychology.
If you would like to take your qualifications to the next level and become a professional counsellor and/or psychotherapist, we offer a full range of postgraduate programmes including accredited MSc courses in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy and Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
These could pave the way to rewarding counselling and psychotherapy positions within the NHS, schools, colleges and universities, and any organisations which employ therapists as part of their occupational health portfolio. Some of the students who complete our postgraduate programmes also go on to develop their own private practice or advance to research degrees.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,045per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, Derby, DE22 1GB, England
84th out of 118 15
73rd out of 79 17
Entry standards/ Max 216114 55%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10044.0 44%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.37 87%
Entry standards/ Max 177115 67%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10065.0 65%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.24 85%