Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
If you are interested in enhancing, broadening, and developing your voice and, if you want to explore, discover and immerse yourself in the words that have shaped our world through the medium of literature and media platforms, then a degree in Creative Writing and Drama and Theatre Studies at Aberystwyth University is for you. Our cross-disciplinary degree will introduce you to an ever-expanding industry, providing you with a promising and advantageous start after graduation. Learn the craft of writing poetry, fiction, non-fiction, screenplays and more.
Why study Creative Writing and Drama/ Theatre studies at Aberystwyth University?
- We are ranked top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction (NSS, 2017).
- Our degree offers a broad curriculum that crosses the traditional boundaries of genre, form, and function.
- Benefit from our connections with the Royal Shakespeare company, National Theatre Wales, Music Theatre Wales, Quarantine, Imitating the Dog and the Magdalena Project.
- You will be immersed in a supportive and vibrant community of creative and critical thinkers, industry experts, and published authors from every field.
- Become a student in a flourishing creative scene with a long and successful history as the spring for aspiring new talent.
- Work experience opportunities with the largest television production companies in Wales, Boomerang +PLC, Theatr Arad Coch.
- Explore connections between creative and critical thinking and develop a deep understanding of the relationship between professional practice and imaginative thought.
- Benefit from our unique collaborative relationship with Aberystwyth Arts Centre. This on-campus facility is an excellent resource for staff and students alike.
- Benefit from unlimited access to the National Library of Wales (one of the UK’s five copyright libraries).
What career enhancing opportunities are there for me as a student?
Aberystwyth Arts Centre will be woven integrally into your learning opportunities, permitting staff and students to come together with the shared aim of engaging, working and learning in a thriving and dynamic creative culture. Here you may showcase your work, engage and network with others, and develop lifelong skills valuable to employers in the creative industries and beyond.
Our degree will enable you to develop:
- the ability to express ideas and communicate information effectively in a broad range of contexts;
- outstanding skills in creating, forming and manipulating the written word;
- evidence of your ability to be an effective problem solver;
- excellent creative thinking, informed by critical rigour;
- a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- excellent time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines;
- self-motivation and self-reliance and have the ability to develop appropriate and effective strategies;
- valuable research skills that are trans-disciplinary and adaptable to any research context.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,600per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : CCC - BBBVIEW MORE
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
24th out of 102 12
12th out of 53 1
Entry standards/ Max 196133 70%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10067 67%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.27 85%
Entry standards/ Max 168126 74%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10065 65%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.43 89%