Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
From viral videos and personalised web content to social media influencers promoting their favourite products, you've seen and shared the work of digital marketers.
This BA (Hons) Digital Marketing degree will help you take the next step to join their ranks. You'll learn how to use data to get a deep understanding of consumers and harness your creative skills to produce engaging marketing content using digital technology.
Year 1 gives you a grounding in core marketing principles and consumer behaviour. In year 2, you'll learn about specialised topics such as social media marketing, market research and data visualisation with the chance to choose optional modules that match your interests.
In year 3, you'll learn how to produce a digital marketing strategy and complete further optional modules, from a choice including advertising, social marketing, branding and technology trends.
For your final project submission, you can do a dissertation, research project or work with a business on a live marketing campaign.
When you graduate, you'll be ready to work in digital marketing, web and media services in any industry. Your ability to use data to make effective business decisions will also make you a valuable team member in non-marketing roles.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Cover all aspects of digital marketing, including web analytics, influencer marketing, affiliate marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC), display advertising, email marketing and content marketing
- Get specialist knowledge of digital media and how to use it to influence, persuade and connect customers and brands across web, social media, and other digital platforms
- Learn to gather and use data to create content and campaigns that have maximum impact
- Get to grips with the latest digital marketing and media software such as Hubspot, Google Analytics and the Adobe Creative Suite in our computer labs
- Develop the skills to produce visual and text content that engages customers and encourages them to take action
You can also:
- Get additional certifications in tools, software and specific skills such as Hubspot's specialised certifications in email marketing and SEO and Google Analytics and Google Ads certifications, achieving recognised industry professional qualifications alongside your degree
- Work with organisations on live campaigns, applying your skills and getting valuable experience that will you make you stand out when you begin your career
Careers and opportunities
Digital marketing is one of the UK's biggest growth industries and many businesses are moving more operations online following the Coronavirus pandemic. This means there are many opportunities for qualified digital marketers, working in-house, in marketing agencies and on a freelance basis for organisations of all sizes.
A digital marketing degree also provides you with the knowledge and skills to understand consumers and make business decisions based on data and market information – a valuable skill in almost any organisation or industry.
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you finish your course, our Careers and Employability service can help you get relevant digital marketing work experience during your course.
We'll help you identify placements, internships, voluntary roles and freelancing opportunities that will complement your studies and build your portfolio.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,500per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- UCAS Points
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
A level :
112-128 Tariff points from 3 A levels.VIEW MORE
University League Table
University of Portsmouth, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, England
21st out of 84 2
Entry standards/ Max 200117 57%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10090 90%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.86 77%