MSc - Master of Science
Learn from the experts shaping debates on topics like Brexit, regional economic development, and sports governance. Their real-world policy making feeds directly into your course.
Working with academics, communities, and businesses, we carry out applied research that shapes and benefits our economy.
We’ve designed this course for graduates who studied economics, finance or business-related degrees at undergraduate level. But it will also suit you if you have other relevant experience.
Sharing our expertise
Our teaching goes beyond most university economics courses by exploring both perspectives of economics and finance. Across all units, you’ll learn from experts with academic, policy and industry experience in the UK and Europe.
First, we’ll encourage you to challenge assumptions underlying mainstream models of economics. Then, you’ll apply your understanding of research and techniques to a range of assignments.
From quantitative modelling to cryptocurrencies, these diverse areas develop your critical thinking skills and ability to deliver a meaningful argument.
When you graduate, you’ll be able to confidently assess a new financial product or innovation for its chances of success – as well as its impact on the financial system.
You could develop the skills you need for roles in banking, finance, analysis, government and regional development.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Economics and finance experts – learn from expert academics and leading professionals who advise organisations like AJ Bell, the United Nations, UEFA and the World Trade Organization.
- Triple accredited - our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Location – Manchester boasts one of the largest financial services economies in Europe. You’ll be surrounded by renowned companies and a community of financial professionals.
- Leading industry speakers – we invite business leaders from various industries onto campus to share their knowledge with our students.
- Free access to Bloomberg Terminal & Stata – leading global platforms used by the world’s banks, corporations and government agencies for news, data, analytics and research.
- Future Economies research centre – we partner with public and private companies such as AJ Bell to create original research with purpose and impact.
- Postgraduate internship programme – an optional internship allows you to gain work experience in a business environment so you can put your learning into action.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 17,500per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Manchester Metropolitan University, All Saints Building, All Saints, Manchester, Manchester, M15 6BH, England
59th out of 105 2
57th out of 80 1
Entry standards/ Max 220123 55%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10055.0 55%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.12 82%
Entry standards/ Max 233115 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10074.0 74%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.88 78%