Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
The world of enterprise is constantly adapting and evolving. The impacts and changes in the business environment in terms of economic events, changes in accounting practices, changes in the regulatory and legal environment, marketing decisions, and the development of business strategies can be the difference between success and failure for a company.
Within the Aberystwyth Business School, Economics studies the human choice and impact of choice on the production, distribution, and consumption of resources. Microeconomics deals with a choice at the individual level whereas macroeconomics analyses the economy as a whole. At Aberystwyth University, the combination of Economics / Business and Management will focus on the practical application of economic ideas, knowledge, and methods within the context of professional decision-making situations. In addition, you will also develop your knowledge of essential elements which include human resource, management, organisational behaviour, business strategy, business, and management.
Why study Economics / Business and Management at Aberystwyth University?
- You will be taught in the innovating and dynamic Aberystwyth Business School.
- You will gain insight into the world of enterprise.
- An understanding of the impact of changes in the business environment e.g. economic events.
Gain knowledge in the following:
- Changes in accounting practices;
- Changes in the regulatory and legal environment;
- Marketing decisions;
- Business strategies.
On completion of this degree you will possess:
- A broad understanding of management in practice;
- In-depth knowledge of trade and commerce in both the public and private sector;
- A solid grasp in the complexity of management challenges and the combined impact of the economic, financial, human and legal issues that leaders encounter.
A degree in Economics / Business and Management is highly rated by employers and on average attracts particularly high levels of graduate salaries.
Our graduates have progressed into these specialist pathways:
- Chartered Accountant;
- Chartered Certified Accountant;
- Chartered Management Accountant;
- Chartered Public Finance Accountant;
- Investment analysis;
- Financial risk analyst;
- Civil Service;
- Diplomatic Service;
- Local Government.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,600per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : CCC - BBBVIEW MORE
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
48th out of 123 3
65th out of 78
Entry standards/ Max 209123 56%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10076 76%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.95 79%
Entry standards/ Max 233116 52%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10063 63%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.09 82%