Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
Singleton Park Campus
Mathematics is one of the most timeless and international disciplines in existence. Both ancient and modern, it forms the foundations upon which the modern world is built.
Education also has roots in our distant past and major significance in our present day, as well as our future.
Specialising in both education and mathematics will equip you with a valuable blend of skills and knowledge for a fulfilling career in mathematics education.
This three-year BSc degree covers a broad base of classical and modern mathematics. You will learn how elements of mathematics are applied in education and wider society.
Studying maths at Swansea University gives you access to world-leading teaching and cutting edge facilities.
As you progress, your developing mathematical abilities and educational knowledge will blend with transferable skills that are vital to securing employment in the wider industry.
EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Our education and mathematics graduates are well positioned for a range of rewarding employment opportunities. You might find your future lies in teaching, education organisations, government and local authorities.
Or you might follow a career path as a data scientist, an actuary, a statistical analyst or industrial modeller.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Access to HE Diploma
- Extended Project
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
A level : BBB - ABB
Including Mathematics. We do not accept General StudiesVIEW MORE
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
76th out of 84 7
41st out of 72 4
Entry standards/ Max 201134 65%
Graduate prospects/ Max 100n/a
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.62 72%
Entry standards/ Max 236141 58%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10076.0 76%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.08 82%