Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Singleton Park Campus
Our BA (Hons) Education with Welsh is a forward-looking, research-led, three-year degree which will give you the range of knowledge and skills needed for an exciting and rewarding career in this field.
It is a fast-growing area of study that draws on the disciplines of the Welsh language, Welsh language rights, multiculturism and language and society and literature as well as psychology, philosophy, history and the social sciences focusing on understanding how people learn and how structures of education operate to foster life-long learning and personal development.
WHY EDUCATION AND WELSH (A PATHWAY FOR SECOND LANGUAGE STUDENTS) AT SWANSEA?
Based on our stunning Singleton Park campus, in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the Gower Peninsula, 100% of the Welsh Department’s research is of international standard or higher (REF 2014).
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Learn from exceptionally qualified prominent authors and poets, two of whom are winners in the Book of the Year competition in Wales;
- Study Welsh language and linguistics; language planning and policy and literature, and learn leadership and management skills;
- Explore educational practice in a digital age, studying the digital learning technologies which are at the forefront of education trends
YOUR EDUCATION AND WELSH (A PATHWAY FOR SECOND LANGUAGE STUDENTS) EXPERIENCE
This is a flexible degree offering a wide-range of specialist modules that allow you to tailor your future career goals while developing your individual interests.
You will have the opportunity to undertake work placements that will enhance your student experience and your career prospects.
You will learn from innovative experts who have strong national and international links and who have excellent reputations for the quality or their teaching and research
Emphasis is placed on you developing your individual skills and on providing you with high quality support.
Careers and Employability
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,450per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
24th out of 90 52
7th out of 8 2
Entry standards/ Max 201140 66%
Graduate prospects/ Max 100n/a
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.55 71%
Entry standards/ Max 199131 71%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10058.0 58%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.17 83%