Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
- Take part in residential field courses and local day visits.
- Develop your research and scientific skills in the laboratory and through fieldwork.
- Prepare for a successful future career by developing a wide range of graduate attributes alongside your environmental knowledge.
- Study a course accredited by the Landscape Institute and the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management.
- Have the opportunity to work abroad — with the possibility of Erasmus funding being available for European placements.
Gain an understanding of the key issues in environmental science, studying principles from both the natural and the social sciences. You are taught by experts who will provide you with opportunities to apply your learning in the real world – both in the laboratory and through field trips and day visits.
How you learn
All our courses are designed around a set of key principles based on engaging you with the world, collaborating with others, challenging you to think in new ways, and providing you with a supportive environment in which you can thrive.
Our enthusiastic staff have all worked or carried out research in the field of environmental science. We encourage you to become an active, self-directed learner, preparing you for whatever you choose to do after your degree. You will gain the knowledge and skills needed to understand
- the interactions between natural systems
- past, present and future human influences on the environment
- the monitoring and management of natural and human-induced environmental changes
- the sustainable management of natural resources, waste and energy.
This course prepares you for a successful future career in a variety of areas including
- environmental and ecological consultancies
- water, energy and other utility companies
- geographical information systems (GIS)
- local and national government
- international organisations
- further study and research
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
Information not available
Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
UCAS Points : 112
This must include at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications. For example:BBC at A Level.DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma.A combination of qualifications, which may include AS Levels, EPQ and general studies.VIEW MORE
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
Sheffield Hallam University, City Campus, Howard Street, Sheffield, Sheffield, S1 1WB, England
42nd out of 76 11
Entry standards/ Max 210110 53%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10071.0 71%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.63 73%