Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
The European Studies (Spanish pathway) BA is an interdepartmental study course that allows you to study Modern Europe from a Spanish perspective. You will study the politics, history, language and contemporary culture of Spain in-depth, preparing you for the third year where you will be taught and examined at a Spanish institution. Our current partner is the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- No prior knowledge of Spanish is required for the ab initio version of this pathway, you will learn the language from scratch.
- Taught by research-active, multi-national team of academics with the opportunity to specialise in particular fields or politics, government and nation.
- Your third year will be spent studying abroad providing you with excellent opportunities to engage in Spanish culture and society.
- Opportunities to take part in a broad range of extra-curricular events, from lectures by visiting speakers to the student-organised annual ‘European Week’ where you will debate contemporary issues.
- You will develop analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, leading to careers in politics, diplomacy, administrations, business and journalism.
- Enjoy an unrivalled range of contacts with cultural institutes, libraries, international firms and government agencies.
- The European Studies (Spanish pathway) BA degree course is split between European Studies modules and Spanish-specific modules.
- You will study a range of required modules that will include European politics, political economy, political thought, contemporary history, culture, economics, law, geography, alongside a focus on Spanish politics, history, language and contemporary culture.
- Your third year of study will be spent in Spain at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid developing your modern language skills and deepening your understanding of Spanish culture and attitudes towards Europe.
- A generous allowance of free choice means that you can freely explore all key aspects of European studies and history, language and contemporary culture of Spain.
- This degree is a four-year study course that is composed of optional and required modules totalling 450 credits. Each year, you will take modules totaling 120 credits, apart from your third year, where you will take modules totaling 90 credits.
Our graduates from the European Studies BA course have taken up posts with the Foreign Office, with leading financial institutions, with cultural organisations or with lobbying firms at the European Commission. Others have worked in public and private agencies and think-tanks in the UK, as well as further afield in countries ranging from Bosnia to Japan. Many students have undertaken work placements in the media.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 20,790per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Higher
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
A level : AAB
Please note that A-level General Studies, Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives are not accepted by King's as one of your A levels. Must include Spanish at grade A (except for applicants to the ab initio Spanish pathway).VIEW MORE
University League Table
King's College London, University of London, Strand, Westminster, WC2R 2LS, England
13th out of 48 5
8th out of 102 4
Entry standards/ Max 226158 75%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10076 76%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.14 83%
Entry standards/ Max 212162 82%
Graduate prospects/ Max 100n/a
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.04 81%
International Tourism Management Spanish with Foundation Year BA (Hons)
University league table
Business & Management/Spanish MA (Hons)
University of Glasgow
Iberian Languages league table9