Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)
Are you looking for a finance degree to give you a competitive edge? The BSc Finance degree at Swansea University will do just that.
This degree is perfect if you have a dedicated interested in financial fields such as investment banking or financial trading.
By blending theory, empirical evidence and practical application, you will build essential transferable skills, enabling the analysis and critical evaluation of real-world financial issues and concepts.
As a finance specialist you will play a fundamental role in the running of a business – big or small. Managing budgets and taxes, financial reporting, completing audits - all are critical in ensuring that a business or organisation runs as effectively and successfully as possible.
Our course is accredited by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA) with University Affiliation Program status, which signals to students and employers that our curriculum is closely tied to the practice of investment management and is helpful to students preparing for the CFA® Program exams.
FINANCE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
As a Finance graduate from Swansea, you will find yourself in a great position to secure rewarding employment at any desirable organisation.
Whatever financial organisations you target after graduating, this degree makes you a strong candidate for employment. Your next step could lie in any of these roles:
- Wealth management or investment adviser
- Finance analyst
- Banking professional
January entry is only available to International students. The Student Loans Company regulations do not support January entry for UK/EU students on a programme with this format.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Year in Industry
You can undertake our Year in Industry degree variant, which is a four year degree with a year’s work placement in a chosen industry. Gain real-world industry experience, network and collaborate with leading business thinkers, and practically apply your theoretical knowledge in the workplace.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,400per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Access to HE Diploma
- Extended Project
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
A level : BBB - ABB
Excluding General Studies.VIEW MORE
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
22nd out of 103 7
Entry standards/ Max 220123 56%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10090 90%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.27 85%