Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
The only course of its kind in the UK, our degree offers a clear path to working in the football industry and meets the growing demand for highly knowledgeable and skilled multimedia journalists.
Journalism is featured in the top 20 in The Guardian University Guide 2020 and is rated 2nd for student satisfaction with feedback.
Combine your passion for football with high level journalism skills on the only course of its kind in the country.
- We have teamed up with Derby County Football Club Women to offer three full tuition fee scholarships for women starting this course in 2020, find out more now.
- Join the next generation of talented football journalists at a time when interest in the ‘beautiful game’ has never been higher
- Enjoy substantial practical experience of researching and producing powerful print, radio, TV and online football stories. Our students (Derby Uni Footy Journos) were in France reporting on the FIFA Women's World Cup 2019.
- Get to grips with the latest techniques and technologies which are transforming journalism in an era of digital news
- Learn about the culture, history and practice of the football industry and the media that surrounds it
- Gain invaluable insights through work placements within football and media organisations
- Benefit from our outstanding facilities which include TV and radio studios as well as a fully equipped newsroom
- Build the core practical and intellectual skills of a journalist so that you’re also equipped for a broad range of media careers beyond the world of sport.
Derby is the first university in the UK to develop a specialist BA (Hons) degree in football journalism. It offers you a clearly defined path to working in the football industry and meets the growing demand for highly knowledgeable, highly skilled multimedia journalists.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,045per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, Derby, DE22 1GB, England
68th out of 97 16
38th out of 57 1
Entry standards/ Max 190112 56%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10050.0 50%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.90 78%
Entry standards/ Max 167115 72%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10045.0 45%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.21 84%