Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Game Development- Art
Develop as a game-specific animator and rigger. Previous art, media or ICT qualifications will give you a good grounding.
Learn core game art abilities, like 2D and 3D concept art and character and environment modelling - using industry-standard packages, processes and pipelines. By working with a multidisciplinary team of other developers, you’ll graduate with a professional portfolio presenting your work in context. This course involves more project work from the beginning and less focus on foundational skills than BA(Hons) Game Art.
You’ll learn how all the specialisms work together, how to work effectively in a team and the role you play in it. The course simulates how the industry operates and its methodologies in a studio environment that is built to mirror a real games development studio.
- Build your own games from day one and can establish your own company in your third year.
- Can change the games industry by making games for new markets and not simply replicating what’s already out there.
- Have the option to change your specialism at any point in your first year.
- Work in a department dedicated to gaming and be surrounded by people working in all aspects of the industry.
- Develop a multi-disciplinary approach, touching on all aspects of game creation, and make completed games.
- Teamwork features heavily to reflect the industry.
- Game making is the primary form of assessment.
- Continuous assessment with no formal examinations.
- Visual, verbal and written assignments.
- Portfolio of project work.
What our graduates do
Graduates from this course have started their own game development studios and gone on to careers as artists and designers at major game studios like Creative Assembly, Supermassive Games, Rare, King and TT Games.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,000per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Higher
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- UCAS Points
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Extended Project
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Leaving Certificate - Ordinary Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
A level :
We welcome A Levels in a wide range of subjects, especially in those relevant to the course for which you apply.VIEW MORE
University League Table
Falmouth University, Woodlane, Falmouth, Cornwall And Isles Of Scilly, TR11 4RH, England