We use cookies to ensure the best user experience and to serve tailored advertising. To learn more about our cookies and how to manage them, please visit our cookie policy

I AGREE
Close icon

Personalise what you see on this page.

Choose from the options below. We'll show you information based on your current location as default.

I'M FROM

  • United States
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.

LIVING IN

  • United States
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.

LOOKING FOR

  • Undergraduate courses
Please select so we can show the most relevant content.
Viewing as a student from United States living in United States interested in Undergraduate courses

Looking for Clearing courses?

Change here for clearing courses offered by this University

Course options

  • Qualification

    Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)

  • Location

    Main Site

  • Study mode

    Full time

  • Start date

    SEP-21

  • Duration

    3 Years

Course summary

This course combines the two complementary fields of geography and economics. It offers the analytical rigour of economics, and applies this to real-life examples in human geography. This is a major/minor programme, with around 75 per cent of this programme in geography, and the remaining 25 per cent in economics. Economic activity is highly geographically uneven, with significant consequences for human development and environmental quality. This makes it vital to understand the forces driving social, political, environmental and economic change. Teaching on the programme is informed by the latest research in the field, and academic staff works with policy makers, the third sector, as well as big business, to apply academic insights to real-world processes. Recent graduates from this programme have gone on to work in the areas of financial services, planning, consultancy, administration, marketing, development, teaching and further study.

Application deadline

15 January 2020

Tuition fees

Students living in United States
(international fees)

£ 21,570per year

Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.

Entry requirements

Choose a qualification

A level : AAA

Grade A in A Level Maths is required.

VIEW MORE

University information

London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London

  • University League Table

    4th

  • Campus address

    London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London, Houghton Street, Westminster, WC2A 2AE, England

Subject rankings

  • Subject ranking

    5th out of 78

    7th out of 72

  • Entry standards

    / Max 233
    178 80%

    10th

    6
  • Graduate prospects

    / Max 100
    90 90%

    8th

  • Student satisfaction

    / Max 5
    3.74 75%

    74th

    1
  • Entry standards

    / Max 210
    164 78%

    12th

    4
  • Graduate prospects

    / Max 100
    88 88%

    2nd

  • Student satisfaction

    / Max 5
    3.93 79%

    64th

    8

Suggested courses

Queen Mary University of London
NEARBY

Economics and Finance with Year Abroad and Integrated Foundation Year (September start) BSc (Econ) (Hons)

Queen Mary University of London

University league table

35
University of Glasgow
SIMILAR RANKING

Scots Law/Economics LLB (Hons)

University of Glasgow

Geography & Environmental Science league table

6
University of Kent
MOST VIEWED

Economics BSc (Hons)

University of Kent

University league table

47

Is this page useful?

Yes No

Sorry about that...

HOW CAN WE IMPROVE IT?

SUBMIT

Thanks for your feedback!