MSc - Master of Science
Run at the client site in the region of United Kingdom
Distance / Online
JAN, APR, SEP
Delivering necessary training to support you on a journey of professional development in your educator role, our Online MSc in Health Professions Education helps you achieve your goals as you help your learners achieve theirs.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- Our online health professions education programme is designed for professionals working in healthcare roles who are looking for a teaching, management or research-based career in health professions education.
- Run by the prestigious School of Medicine, Dentistry & Nursing, you would be studying at the heart of a growing network for contemporary educational thinking.
- With a focus on active, collaborative online learning, we challenge and support you to apply evidence-based methods in your teaching to fellow health professionals.
- This Health-Professions Education online distance learning programme is especially designed for working professionals wishing to develop specialist skills and to apply these in their professional teaching practice.
- Our online Health Professions Education programme offers you the flexibility to take one of two routes. We offer a research pathway oriented around the design, conduct and governance of education research. Our secondary route is based on the application of educational theory and evidence to specific contexts.
- Using practical, collaborative peer learning, we will help you to develop the necessary confidence and specialist skills.
- Engage in critical debate on the principles, philosophy and evidence-base for various approaches to learning and teaching.
- Apply core principles and current theories of learning and teaching to the design of a range of learning opportunities/teaching activities.
- Select appropriate assessment strategies and tools to assess the knowledge, skills and attitudes required of health professionals.
- Evaluate approaches and models for developing a curriculum, including their relevance to a health professions context.
- Appraise the impact of technology-enhanced learning & teaching (TELT) on educational.
- Evaluate the impact of educational and institutional policies on design and delivery of health professions education.
This programme is ideal if you're an ambitious health professional seeking an influential role in the management and delivery of education. Through leading research, world-class faculty and practical, collaborative peer exercises, we will help you to develop the confidence and specialist skills you need to further your career in this field.
It will also provide an ideal grounding for those who decide to pursue doctoral research in health professions education.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,000overall cost
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Glasgow, The Fraser Building, 65 Hillhead Street, Glasgow, Glasgow, City Of, G12 8QQ, Scotland
1st out of 81
1st out of 35 2
Entry standards/ Max 201194 97%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10098 98%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.05 81%
Entry standards/ Max 239233 96%
Graduate prospects/ Max 100100 100%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.10 82%