Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
Aberystwyth University’s Department of Geography and Earth Sciences is the most established and experienced department of its kind. Aberystwyth University offers you the unique opportunity to study geography in one of the most picturesque locations in Europe.
Set on the coast of Cardigan Bay and surrounded by a great diversity of beautiful environments, including marine, moorland, mountain and grassland, the Department of Geography and Earth Sciences is uniquely placed to make the most of the stunning landscapes that surround it, providing you with a fabulous variety of fieldwork and recreational opportunities. This degree accredited by Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) will equip you with the skills, abilities and expertise to face and engage with the challenges facing society today.
Why study Human Geography at Aberystwyth University?
This programme has been accredited by the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG).
As a large dynamic Geography community we are able to offer you an extremely broad range of geographical specialism, opportunities and facilities:
- current trends in Geohazards
- urban sustainability
- regional development
- political and cultural geography
- fieldwork opportunities in New Zealand, Crete, New York, and Ireland
- travel awards available each year to fund your own adventures (up to £400)
- state of the art teaching facilities with the latest technology to enhance learning
- fully stocked laboratories with an array of analytical instruments e.g. mass spectrometers and core scanners of which can be used for fieldwork and independent study.
What can I do with a degree in Human Geography?
Our graduates have, for example, found employment as environmental consultants, planners, civil servants, surveyors, and in education amongst many other things.
Employability is embedded within all courses provided by us. Our degrees provide a solid foundation for a vast array of careers across a range of sectors. In a rapidly shifting global economy, our graduates are adaptable and able to draw on a range of transferable skills, ensuring that they are always in demand.
The skill sets include:
- enhanced mathematical and computational skills
- effective problem solving and creative thinking skills
- information technology skills
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- time-management, organisational skills
- communication skills both written and oral
- self-motivation and self-reliance.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,600per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : CCC - BBBVIEW MORE
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
17th out of 72
Entry standards/ Max 210126 60%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10084 84%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.25 85%