Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Never have questions of social, economic, cultural and political change been so central to our lives as they are today. In our hyper-accelerated culture, change is fast and dynamic. Human Geography is your opportunity to answer some of the great questions of our time, questions of people and planet. This course explores some of the economic, cultural, social and political issues which are fundamental to our understanding of our rapidly changing world.
The first year provides a foundation for a diverse range of specialist options in human geography available to you in your second and third year of study. In year three, you will complete a dissertation which brings together the subject knowledge, skills and techniques you have learned in the degree to produce an independent and original piece of academic research on a topic of your choice.
You will also enjoy exciting fieldwork opportunities, including local day excursions and residential fieldwork in the UK and overseas (Lake District, Scotland, Provence and Malawi).
There is also an opportunity to spend a Semester in Year 2 studying at partner universities in Europe, Canada, the USA, Australia or New Zealand.
At Worcester, Human Geography is all about the student experience. In addition to providing you with a supportive and friendly learning environment, our smaller class sizes allow you to develop a wide range of specialist and transferable skills. This is complemented by excellent access to a wide range of cutting-edge equipment. Our applied approach places you in a strong position when it comes to employment and further study.
- Generous residential fieldwork provision in the UK and overseas (current venues include the Lake District, Scotland, France and Malawi; see fieldwork page for additional information).
- Our degree programmes will provide you with the transferable skills and expertise essential for future employment.
- Our research feeds directly into our teaching, meaning you will be taught by academics who are experts in their field, ensuring you are kept abreast of the latest developments in geography
- You have the option of taking a professional placement with one of a wide range of organisations, including local government, charities, schools, government agencies and environmental consultancies.
Why the University of Worcester?
The University of Worcester is a close-knit and high-achieving community where students are supported to succeed at every level.
The University is a truly inclusive place where every person counts as an individual. From designing imaginative facilities to providing practical support and tailored learning, we strive to help people of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve their own rich potential. We work hard to break down barriers and provide opportunities for all.
Recent Worcester achievements
- University of the Year - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards and UK Social Mobility Awards
- 1st for Quality Education - 2019 Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings
- Outstanding Support for Students - Finalist - 2019 Times Higher Education Awards
- Top 10 for Student Satisfaction - 2019 National Student Survey
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017).
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,100per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR2 6AJ, England
44th out of 71 15
Entry standards/ Max 21096 48%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10078.0 78%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.25 85%