Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
The focus on strategy and problem solving equips you for roles in multinational companies.
- Business and Management at Derby ranked Top 10 in The Guardian University Guide 2020
- This one year top-up degree is designed specifically for students who have been unable to pursue a full degree programme in International Business previously. It adopts a multidisciplinary approach to international business, giving you a chance to study applied analysis in economics, strategy, law, finance, marketing and human resources
- You will be part of a highly diverse international student cohort which will enhance your understanding of cultural diversity and international business awareness. You will join our highly successful network of alumni working around the world
- You will benefit from our unique approach to employability, networking with our regional experts and international business leaders and working towards gaining the University of Derby Futures Award in Networking and Economic, Financial and Commercial Awareness in International Business. You will also have access to a first class professional career service even after graduating
- Every student on our programme gets support and advice on academic achievement and career development from a personal tutor who is part of the programme team. The programme has specific features designed to support the achievement of non-UK students
- If you want to continue your studies in international business at postgraduate level, this programme is explicitly paired to our MSc International Business or can lead smoothly on to our MSc International Business and Finance, MSc International Business and HRM or MSc International Business and Marketing.
This programme will give you a deep understanding of today’s increasingly internationalised, complex and dynamic business environment. It integrates analysis from various disciplines including international business strategy, management and marketing, international economics and international trade legislation.
Whether you are from the UK, EU or from overseas, if you have a business HND or equivalent or are about to complete your second year of university business studies, this final year degree top-up programme will give you the choice and flexibility to graduate with an International Business degree.
The top-up is a particularly good financial deal for international students, who can obtain a globally recognised UK degree, at the cost of only one year of study in the UK.
The programme is aimed at students from a generalist background who want a specialist focus. The programme will give you a deep understanding of today’s increasingly internationalised, complex and dynamic business environment. It integrates analysis from various disciplines including international business strategy, management and marketing, international economics and international trade legislation.
You will analyse the different economic environments and national cultures in which business operates, learning how to attract customers in international markets and how to expand a local business into a global one.
You will look at international regulations and policies, and their impact on business strategies while developing your understanding of international strategy, problem solving and decision-making processes.
Keeping right up to date with what’s happening in the world economy, you use actual case studies and benefit from the insight of expert speakers from the international financial sector.
We’ll also help you develop the skills employers look for in their graduate employees, from report writing and analysis, through to presentation skills.
15 January 2020
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,045per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
You need to have an HND or Foundation degree in a relevant subject. When you apply, please send us a transcript of the modules you have already studied so that we can make sure that the HND or Foundation degree is compatible with the top up programme.VIEW MORE
University League Table
University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, Derby, DE22 1GB, England
74th out of 123 7
Entry standards/ Max 209110 51%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10075 75%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.05 81%