MA - Master of Arts
Business is now conducted on a global scale. This means organisations need marketing professionals with an international mindset and the ability to have an impact wherever in the world they operate.
On this MA International Marketing Master's degree course, you'll build business acumen while you develop a comprehensive and rigorous understanding of international marketing practice.
You'll learn about core marketing theories and models, and cover topics such as global marketing strategy, international brand communications, social media marketing, and web analytics.
You'll also have the chance to work on projects with the local business community, and spend time immersed in another culture on an international study trip.
When you graduate, you'll have knowledge, skills and experience necessary to develop marketing strategies for international businesses, making you an invaluable hire for any organisation. You could use your qualification to work abroad and in organisations engaged in business across international boundaries and cultures.
What you'll experience
On this International Marketing Master's, you'll:
- Get a grounding in marketing principles and theories
- Study all aspects of marketing including branding, social media marketing and consumer analytics
- Learn about how globalisation has increased the connection between business, markets, people and information across different countries and cultures
- Improve your knowledge of different cultures and nations, to make yourself a more effective member of the international marketing community
- Apply what you learn, as you learn, including establishing your own marketing agency, working with the local business community
- Develop transferable skills you can apply in all areas of your life, such as critical thinking, independent research, teamwork, verbal and written communication, analytical thinking and ethical practice
- Benefit from the experience of external guest speakers from a range of backgrounds – past speakers on similar courses include Jo Pabari (Director of Good Stuff Consulting and marketing consultant for Heineken, PepsiCo, Heinz and Twinings) and Emma Searle (Head of Digital at Verb Brands, a leading digital agency for luxury and premium brands)
Careers and opportunities
Countries such as India, China and Japan now among the world's top 10 economies, while Russia, Mexico and Brazil are expected to enter the top 10 by 2050 (The World in 2050, PWC).
This has led to a high demand for marketing professionals who have the ability to work effectively across cultures, regions and countries.
Marketing opportunities exist across all industry sectors – private, public and voluntary. These can range from the financial, consumer and information technology industries to not-for-profit organisations, such as charities, local government and higher education institutions.
Roles you could work in when you graduate include:
- International market researcher
- Marketing campaign officer
- International marketing executive
- Public relations account executive
- Marketing consultant
- Social media manager
You'll also be able to pursue further studies at postgraduate or research level, or set up your own businesses with help and support from the University.
After you graduate, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,400per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Portsmouth, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, England
47th out of 92 26
Entry standards/ Max 200115 60%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10070.0 70%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.89 78%