Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Singleton Park Campus
As technology, transport, and a complex international economy make our world smaller, the value of peaceful and cooperative relationships between nations is increasingly important.
International relations are a vital aspect of citizenship in a global society and our three-year BA International Relations degree is one of the most important degree programmes we offer.
This interesting area of study explores globalization and global institutions, development and human rights, International and regional politics, peace and conflict, political economy, security studies and strategic studies and you will learn how power, institutions and laws affect our day-to-day lives.
YOUR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS EXPERIENCE
International Relations is a flexible degree offering a wide-range of specialist modules that allow you to tailor your future career goals while developing your individual interests.
- You will be taught by innovative experts who have strong national and international links.
- You will have the competitive option in semester one (available for 20 students) of undertaking an internship module with the National Assembly for Wales, working closely with an AM for one day a week.
- You will be able to spend a semester abroad in Hong Kong, Singapore or the USA during the second year of your study to enhance your student experience and career prospects.
- In your final year you have the invaluable opportunity to opt for a place on the Welsh Assembly Placement Scheme.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Our graduates are employed all around the world and enter careers including:
- Government and politics
- Humanitarian organisations
- Media and public relations
- Law and public services
Our students have also gained employment working for organisations such as:
- Westminster Forum Projects
- Labour Party
- Price Waterhouse Coopers
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,950per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
36th out of 85 5
Entry standards/ Max 217117 53%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10076 76%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.21 84%