Access to Higher Education
The International Year One programme offers guaranteed progression to Year 2 of a range of degrees.
Who is this programme designed for?
This programme is designed for international students who do not quite have the academic grades and/or English level to start the first year of an undergraduate degree at Aston University, but have a stronger profile than an UFP student. If you successfully complete the IY1 you are guaranteed progression to Year 2 of a of undergraduate degrees at Aston University. This programme is set at NQF level 4, and is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree in the UK.
What will I study?
This programme includes a range of academic modules specific to the progression degree. English language will be integrated into the teaching of academic subjects, as well as being taught separately if you need additional support to develop your English language.
Accounting and Finance
- English for Academic Purposes
- Foundations in Financial and Mgt Accounting
- Careers in Accounting
- Introduction to Organisational Behaviour
- Law for Business
- Principles of Operations Management
- Foundations of Business Analytics
- Introduction to Business Economics
How long will I study for?
The duration of the programme is one academic year (nine months). The year is divided into three terms of seven to eight teaching weeks, one reading week, and an examination week. On average, you will undertake 23 (and up to 28) hours of classroom-based study per week.
English Language forms up to six hours of your timetable, is compulsory for students who are below the required level for progression, and will be integrated into the teaching of academic subjects as well as being taught separately if you need additional support. Students who are at or above the required English level for progression are likely to follow a reduced timetable.
Students will be expected to timetable self-study hours in addition to the classroom-based hours.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a variety of methods during your time with us: the intention is that you have a chance to experience the full range of assessment methods that you might experience at university when you start the second year of your chosen degree.
Assessments will normally include coursework, essays, reports and other structured assignments, oral examination, and unseen written examinations. When you successfully complete your ONCAMPUS Aston programme you are guaranteed entry to an Aston University degree.
- BSc Accounting and Finance
- BSc Business Analytics
- BSc Business Computing and IT
- BSc Business Enterprise Development
- BSc Business Management and English Language
- BSc Business Management and Public Policy
- BSc Business and International Relations
- BSc Business and Management
- BSc Business and Politics
- BSc Business and Sociology
- BSc Business and Supply Chain Management
- BSc Economics
- BSc Economics and Management
- BSc Economics and Politics
- BSc English Language and Literature
- BSc English Literature and Sociology
- BSc Finance
- BSc Human Resource and Business Management
- BSc International Business and Economics
- BSc International Business and Management
- BSc Logistics with Supply Chain Management
- BSc Marketing
- BSc Politics and Social Policy.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,080overall cost
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
ONCAMPUS Aston, Aston University, Aston Street, Birmingham, B4 7ET, England