Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Parkside Building Campus
Want to learn how to design the outside world? This Landscape Architecture degree course will help you to gain real industry exposure and work on a wide range of exciting briefs. The course focuses on offering experience through practice, which will enhance your chances of securing a role after you graduate.
Landscape Architecture is the design of the world outside, as a combination of art, utility and natural systems. The aim is to create rich, positive experiences and to provide designed environments, which engage users with character and a sense of place.
Through guided exploration of personal design and research process, you will explore and unwrap many layers to reveal the unlimited storyboard of design options that our landscape presents.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS COURSE?
Covering all aspects of landscape architecture, our course is fully recognised and accredited by the Landscape Institute (LI) and supported by a leading design team in its field.
You’ll work in a design studio culture, which mimics real-world creative practice for landscape architects and prepares you for your future career.
Experience on live local sites and project briefs in landscape studios will develop your design creativity and hone your professional practice skills. Placements and competitions will give you fantastic opportunities. There are also chances to compete for industry connected awards.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The course is fully recognised and accredited by the Landscape Institute, allowing you to work towards full UK chartered membership.
- You’ll gain real industry experience, working on a wide range of briefs, from broad strategic scale, down to detailed design for construction.
- Our connections with the region’s best landscape architecture practices give you unrivalled work experience while studying and helps you secure employment after graduation.
During her studies on the BA (Hons) Landscape Architecture course, Daniela Teleku completed a work placement at Fira, a nationally recognised practice of landscape architects, urban designers, master planners and architects.
Daniela wanted experience working for a practice where Architects worked together with Landscape Architects and Fira stood out as a firm with a multidisciplinary approach to projects.
Enhancing your employability skills
You’ll have a sound knowledge of the physical, economic and social factors which influence contemporary built environment practice. You’ll also understand the professional, legal and institutional framework of landscape architecture.
You’ll develop a comprehensive portfolio that shows employers a range of skills in design practice and academic study.
Experience on live local sites with client-driven briefs in landscape studios will develop your design creativity and hone your professional practice skills.
You’ll be skilled in the latest techniques, including rapid prototyping and 3D design.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,200per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Higher
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- UCAS Points
- Access to HE Diploma
- Extended Project
- HNC (BTEC)
- HND (BTEC)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Certificate
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC 90-Credit Diploma (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Certificate (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Diploma (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (QCF)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
A level : BBC
A maximum of 4 subjects are considered. These can be other A/S Levels (as long in a different subject) A-Levels or Level 3 equivalents.VIEW MORE
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
Birmingham City University, University House, 15 Bartholomew Row, Birmingham, Birmingham, B5 5JU, England
21st out of 23 2
Entry standards/ Max 204123 65%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10070.0 70%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.24 85%