Bachelor of Law (with Honours) - LLB (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
LLB Law and Business & Management (MN11) is a joint honours degree that explores two stimulating, challenging and complimentary disciplines.
For the Law aspects of the course, you will be taught in the oldest and most established Law department in Wales, by expert staff - many of whom have also practiced as solicitors - providing a practical application to your theoretical studies.
For the Business & Management aspects of the course, you will be taught in the Aberystwyth Business School, by active academics who have a wide range of interests across marketing, operations management, finance, accounting, strategy, human resource management and entrepreneurship.
Combined together this degree has been engineered for a student who wants to succeed in a legal career or global business management practice.
Why study LLB Law and Business & Management at Aberystwyth University?
- A practical degree designed to meet employer needs and taught by experienced professionals, and academics;
- Taught by professionals who are active for large organisations e.g. GRETA, the Youth Justice Board, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights;
- Excellent social and professional opportunities, e.g. visits to Law Fairs and Inns of Court in London;
- Option to participate in our national and international competing Mooting Society, in order to develop your key advocacy and litigation skills;
- You will gain insight into the world of business, management and enterprise;
- An understanding of the impact of changes in the business environment e.g. economic events, political events;
- A broad understanding of management in practice;
- In-depth knowledge of trade and commerce in both the public and private sector;
- A solid grasp in the complexity of management challenges and the combined impact of the economic, financial, human and legal issues that leaders encounter.
LLB Law and Business & Management opens up a range of exciting opportunities for you.
You will be a strong candidate for further training to become a solicitor. Or could consider a diverse range of career paths that our graduates have transitioned into including: criminology, financial management, business, human resources, international relations, journalism, education, chartered accountancy, investment banking; insurance; underwriting; risk management; marketing management; retail management; distribution and logistics management.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,600per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : BCC - ABBVIEW MORE
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
48th out of 123 3
42nd out of 103
Entry standards/ Max 209123 56%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10076 76%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.95 79%
Entry standards/ Max 231119 54%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10080 80%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.11 82%