Bachelor of Law (with Honours) - LLB (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
The LLB Law and German Degree at Aberystwyth University has been designed to meet the need and demand for multi-lingual legal experts within the United Kingdom. This programme combines the expertise of the Department of Law and Criminology with that of the Department of Modern Languages.
This Law and German joint honours degree will provide you with a high level of competence in the German language, and a good understanding of the culture. You will benefit from the experience and enthusiasm of the expert staff in both departments. The Law component of this degree will provide you the opportunity to be taught and mentored by staff within the most established Law department in Wales. Some of our teaching staff have also practiced as solicitors, which will provide you with a practical application to your theoretical studies.
Why study Law and German at Aberystwyth University?
- A practical degree designed to meet employer needs and taught by experienced professionals, and academics;
- Taught by professionals who are active for large organisations e.g. GRETA, the Youth Justice Board, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights;
- Excellent social and professional opportunities, e.g. visits to Law Fairs and Inns of Court in London;
- Experience a Year Abroad under the Erasmus + Programme and study with one of our partner Universities in Germany and Austria.
Your LLB in Law and German opens up a range of exciting opportunities for you. You will be a strong candidate for training to become a barrister or a solicitor . Your LLB in Law offers you the possibility to succeed in many different areas including criminology, financial management, business, human resources, international relations, journalism and education.
Your future is important to us and our degrees will equip you with the following:
• Possess the confidence in selecting and deploying the most appropriate range of legal methodologies.
• Ability to write and communicate with a range of audiences, evaluating and organising information.
•Ability to gather, assimilate and interpret a wealth of legal information quickly and accurately.
• The ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form • effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
• The ability to work independently.
• time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivation and self-reliance.
• Team-working, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement.
• Research skills.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,600per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : BCC - ABB
To include a B in A-level German (unless to be studied as a beginner).VIEW MORE
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
17th out of 36 1
42nd out of 103
Entry standards/ Max 226n/a
Graduate prospects/ Max 10095 95%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.15 83%
Entry standards/ Max 231119 54%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10080 80%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.11 82%