Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)
Main Site (Aberystwyth)
Taught in the oldest and most established Law Department in Wales, Aberystwyth's BA Law degree is both challenging and stimulating. The Bar Standards Board and the Solicitors Regulation Authority recognise the degree - providing a direct route to the legal profession.
You will benefit from the experience and enthusiasm of our expert staff, many of whom have also practised as solicitors - providing a practical application to your theoretical studies. There is also the opportunity to do a third of your degree in a different discipline of your choice.
By nurturing ingenuity and "outside of the box" thinking, you will emerge from the degree with real-world capabilities, enabling you to shape your future and develop the career you deserve.
Why study Law at Aberystwyth University?
- It is a practical law degree designed to meet employer needs and taught by experienced legal professionals and academics.
- Upon completion, you will be eligible to continue vocational training on the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC).
- Successful completion of particular modules will grant you exemption from certain professional examinations.
- Taught by professionals who are active for large organisations e.g. GRETA, the Country Side Commission for Wales, the Youth Justice Board, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Excellent social and professional opportunities, visits to Law Fairs and Inns of Court in London.
- Option to do a work placement module in different areas of law.
- Option to study abroad in the second year at one of our many partner universities in Europe, USA, Canada and Australia.
- Option to participate in our national and international competing Mooting Society, in order to develop your key advocacy and litigation skills. We also offer a Welsh medium Mooting competition for students who wish to moot through the medium of Welsh.
Your BA Law opens up a range of exciting opportunities for you. You will be a strong candidate for training to become a barrister or a solicitor.
Your BA Law offers you the possibility to succeed in many different areas including criminology, financial management, business, human resources, international relations, journalism and education.
Your future is important to us and our degrees will equip you with the following:
- the confidence in selecting and deploying the most appropriate range of legal methodologies
- the ability to write and communicate with a range of audiences, evaluating and organizing information
- the ability to gather, assimilate and interpret a wealth of legal information quickly and accurately
- the ability to express ideas and communicate information in a clear and structured manner, in both written and oral form
- effective problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- the ability to work independently
- time-management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- self-motivation and self-reliance
- team-work, with the ability to discuss concepts in groups, accommodating different ideas and reaching agreement
- research skills.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,300per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
A level : BCC - ABBVIEW MORE
Do you need to know more?
Ask a question directly and subscribe to this universityREQUEST INFO
University League Table
Aberystwyth University, Penglais, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom, SY23 3FL, Wales
60th out of 104 18
Entry standards/ Max 231102 45%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10068.0 68%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.09 82%