Bachelor of Law (with Honours) - LLB (Hons)
Singleton Park Campus
Take the first steps towards a range of exciting and rewarding careers in law with our LLB Law Single Honours degree.
You will gain a comprehensive grounding in the seven areas covered by a qualifying law degree; Contract Law, Criminal Law, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, EU Law, Law of Tort and Public Law.
As your studies progress, you can choose from a wide range of specialised subject areas of law relating to medicine, human rights, family, the environment, trade, employment, and media.
Throughout your undergraduate law degree, you will develop excellent research and analytical skills and learn to present your ideas effectively both verbally and in writing.
LAW EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Studying a qualifying law degree can lead to a range of careers. We aim to equip students with multiple skills to enhance their graduate prospects. Our graduates go on to a wide variety of careers, which include being a:
- barrister, chartered accountant, civil servant, lecturer, legal executive, local government officer, paralegal, police officer, prison officer, researcher, solicitor, stockbroker or trading standards officer.
Professional Body Accreditation
All of our undergraduate law programmes are qualifying law degrees that cover the foundations of legal knowledge specified by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board.
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
EMPLOYABILITY AT THE SCHOOL OF LAW
The School of Law takes a proactive approach to enhancing graduate employability, with a dedicated Employability and Placements Officer. The School offers a range of local, national and international work placements, professional courses and the advice and support to help you develop the skills to achieve your ambitions.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 14,550per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Higher
- Access to HE Diploma
- Extended Project
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
A level : BBB - AABVIEW MORE
University League Table
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Swansea, SA2 8PP, Wales
36th out of 103 1
Entry standards/ Max 231129 59%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10082 82%
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.11 82%