Bachelor of Law (with Honours) - LLB (Hons)
Law and business share a close relationship. Business knowledge is important to law firms as commercial law is the largest legal sector in the UK. Knowledge of the law is also extremely important to businesses. You can combine both on this LLB (Hons) Law with Business degree.
The course is a qualifying law degree (QLD). It fulfils the requirements of the academic stage of training as specified by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board. This means that you can progress to the Legal Practice Course (LPC) or the vocational stage of training for the bar without additional study.
As well as core legal subjects, you’ll study key business and management topics and get to choose from various optional modules to suit your own interests. These currently include Commercial Law and White Collar Crime.
After the course, you could continue your legal training or take up employment in areas such as finance, commerce, recruitment or the public sector. You could also continue your studies on a Master’s degree.
This course is accredited by Bar Standards Board and Solicitors Regulation Authority.
What you'll experience
On this course, you can:
- Bring what you learn to life in mock trials in our replica of a crown court, complete with dock, witness box, public gallery, jury room and interview room
- Use your skills advising members of the public on a variety of aspects of the law, by working in one of our community settings
- Opt for the CILEx Graduate Fast-track Diploma (Level 6 Diploma in Legal Practice) in your final year, which allows you to qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive lawyer when you get further experience after the course
- Join our student law society and take part in team competitions such as negotiation and mooting
- Study business subjects such as human resources management, marketing and business operations alongside law
Careers and opportunities
After the course, you could progress to a graduate training scheme, go straight into employment in the private, public or voluntary sector, or continue your studies.
If you chose a career in law, you can do the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) or Legal Practice Course (LPC), which are the traditional routes to becoming a barrister or solicitor.
If you take the CILEx Graduate Fast-track Diploma module in your final year, you can work as legal executive or paralegal when you graduate and become a Chartered Legal Executive lawyer following 3 years of qualifying employment. This gives you similar career opportunities to barristers and solicitors.
What jobs can you do with a Law with Business degree?
Roles our graduates have taken on include:
- chartered company secretary
- legal executive
- insurance analyst
- company secretarial associate
- project manager
- operations manager
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 15,500per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
Choose a qualification
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- UCAS Points
- Access to HE Diploma
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
A level :
120-128 Tariff points from 3 A levels.VIEW MORE
University League Table
University of Portsmouth, University House, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth, Portsmouth, PO1 2UP, England
44th out of 123
38th out of 103
Entry standards/ Max 209117 54%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10084 84%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.98 80%
Entry standards/ Max 231126 57%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10083 83%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.76 75%