If you want to practise as a solicitor in England and Wales, you will need to complete the Legal Practice Course (LPC) - the vocational stage of training that bridges the gap between academic studies and life in a law firm. Westminster Law School has a well established reputation for the delivery of solicitors' vocational training, which will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to be a successful 21st-century lawyer.
On successful completion of the LPC, you can apply to transfer to the research and dissertation stage of the Legal Practice LLM. The fee to progress to the LLM is £2,000 in 2020/21.
Distinctive features of the course include:
- Highly experienced and approachable lecturers who are all qualified solicitors or barristers.
- Small, interactive group work, allowing you to benefit from individual guidance and help.
- All sessions are set within a balanced timetable to replicate the tasks undertaken in practice.
- The opportunity to undertake real client legal work under the supervision of tutors working in the Student Law Centre. The focus is on experiential learning through reflection, analysis and planning.
- A mentoring scheme which pairs you with mentors working in an area you are interested in. Our mentors are predominantly former Westminster LPC students who are now working in an area of legal practice.
CAREERS AND EMPLOYABILITY SERVICE
Our Careers and Employability Service is here to support you to achieve your full potential.
With a growing network of over 3,000 employers around the world and a team of experienced careers consultants, we provide you with a variety of opportunities to work and develop new skills. As a University of Westminster student, you’ll have access to our services throughout your studies and after you graduate.
We can help you:
- find work placements, graduate jobs or voluntary experience related to your course
- discover international opportunities to enhance your employability
- write effective CVs and application forms
- develop your interview and enterprise skills
- plan your career with our career consultants
- gain insights into your chosen industry through mentoring
- meet employers and explore your career options at our employer fairs, careers presentations and networking events
LEGAL SKILLS ACADEMY
The Legal Skills Academy is a joint initiative between Westminster Law School and the Careers and Employability Service.
As a law student you will have access to specialist workshops and presentations to help you to develop your employability skills. Our events are usually led by legal professionals, giving you the opportunity to network with lawyers and other professionals in the field.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 13,000per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of Westminster, London, 101 New Cavendish Street, LONDON, CITY OF WESTMINSTER, W1W 6XH, England
74th out of 104 17
Entry standards/ Max 231111 50%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10066.0 66%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.95 79%