MA - Master of Arts
London College of Communication
10-JAN-22, 19-APR-22, 03-OCT-22
MA Design Management combines academic study with creative and professional practice in a project-led curriculum that draws on a range of interdisciplinary perspectives from business and the arts.
Why choose this course at London College of Communication
- Study business and management from a creative perspective, within a world-leading art and design institution with strong link to the creative industries.
- Apply design thinking to real-world challenges; design collaboratively, engage critically and creatively with others and learn from shared experiences.
- An interdisciplinary course informed by theories drawn from a range of design, business and humanities and delivered through projects, crits and collaborations.
- Gain insight into creative briefs, target audiences and markets, through design management and innovation.
- Benefit from diverse potential employment routes including setting up your own business, in-house and external design leadership roles, cultural positions and agency management jobs.
Graduates of MA Design Management will be equipped to contribute to both private and public sectors in areas such as private enterprise, public sector service provision and the voluntary sector.
They will leave with an in-depth understanding of design business and management with the skills of critical analysis and debate usually associated with the humanities and social sciences.
Career opportunities include setting up your own business, managing design projects, strategic leadership in a variety of industries, forecasting, consultancy, research and entrepreneurship.
You could take up a career within a wide range of creative industries or organizations such as museums, galleries, auction houses, publishing, arts administration, Public Relations, marketing, forecasting consultancies, design and branding agencies, advertising and retail. Alternatively, they may go on to work as editors, design critics, journalists, event and exhibition curators or educators.
There are also opportunities to study for further professional qualifications or research degrees such as a PhD or MPhil at LCC/UAL.
15 May 2021
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 22,920per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
University of the Arts London, 272 High Holborn, London, London, WC1V 7EY, England
21st out of 85 1
52nd out of 122 1
Entry standards/ Max 239145 66%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10060.0 60%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.98 80%
Entry standards/ Max 209139 66%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10042.0 42%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.76 75%
Management with Marketing (Professional Practice) MSc
University of Huddersfield
Business & Management Studies league table51