MA - Master of Arts
Goldsmiths, University of London
The MA Global Political Economy examines the world in real terms. You will work in small groups with world class experts at the Political Economy Research Centre (PERC), as well as across a number of other Goldsmiths departments, and learn how to hold the world up to scrutiny.
Why study MA Global Political Economy at Goldsmiths?
- Learn about the political economy of our energy system, the challenge of responding to climate change, and how to make these issues central to the analysis of politics and economics.
- Learn about the relationship between global financialised capitalism and the future of democracy.
- Work closely with academic experts in small-group workshops and seminars.
- Learn in a truly interdisciplinary programme that allows you to analyse the mechanics of the global political economy from a variety of perspectives.
- You will trace the unsteady making of the capitalist world, its relation to the environment, and learn to understand the theories we have developed to make sense of it.
- Choose from a wide variety of options to build the bespoke degree programme that best suits your interests and ambitions.
- Join the series of job talks from insiders at policy Think Tanks, NGOs and the private sector.
- Join the community of academics, policy experts, journalists, and activists who speak regularly at Goldsmith’s Political Economy Research Centre (PERC) events.
- You will also have the chance to work closely with academics associated with the Centre of Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity (CUSP), as well as from the departments of Media, Communications & Cultural Studies, Anthropology, and Sociology at Goldsmiths.
- Be part of a multicultural powerhouse located in a global city that lives and breathes international political economy.
- You’ll be taught by staff with international reputations in their disciplines and areas of specialisation. These include finance, global governance, international development, post-colonialism, and imperialism, among others.
We know that political organisations relish free thinking graduates. It’s why we focus on delivering a programme that’s rooted in a critical perspective. By the time you leave we want you to feel transformed so that you can go forward and bring that transformation out into the world.
With our MA in Global Political Economy, you could go on to work for global government institutions, like the UN or the OECD, as well as in civil society institutions, NGOs, or in academia.
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Democratic Republic)
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- Korea DPR (North Korea)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- St Vincent
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Western Samoa
£ 16,120per year
Tuition fees shown are for indicative purposes and may vary. Please check with the institution for most up to date details.
University League Table
Goldsmiths, University of London, New Cross, Lewisham, SE14 6NW, England
43rd out of 78 5
74th out of 85 1
Entry standards/ Max 233102 46%
Graduate prospects/ Max 100n/a
Student satisfaction/ Max 54.29 86%
Entry standards/ Max 217109 50%
Graduate prospects/ Max 10054 54%
Student satisfaction/ Max 53.82 76%